Saturday 28 September 2013

Early morning run

I woke as usual around 6am this morning, the difference today was, I wasn't able to get back to sleep. I had a million things flying around my head, stuff that I had to get done over the weekend, College projects, and the like. I was trying to figure out when I'd get in the run, because tomorrow I'm refereeing a rugby match, and I'm pretty busy all day today as well. (I'm just taking a short break from my studies to write this). Anyway, I decided to get up and go for a run, to get the day off to a good start. I ran the same route as last Sunday(5 miles) and I finished 3 seconds slower. I can't figure that one out, because I felt better, and was enjoying the run. I suppose that's all that really matters on the weekend runs, but it's hard not to compare your times.

The Town was only starting to come to life when I left at 6.50am, it was a beautiful dry morning, and the temperature was perfect for running. I was home and showered by 8am, but more importantly, fully woken up and ready to get on with my day. I know I'm going to enjoy this evenings hurling match all the more now, as I'll have the satisfaction of putting in a good days work beforehand.

That's it for this week, until next time, Slán.

No comments:

Post a Comment