Sunday 4 August 2013

Another Seaside Session

I was up bright and early this morning to go for a run, I'd hoped to run for 100 minutes, and I wasn't concerned with the distance. I'm away from home, in Co Wicklow at the moment, so I was running in unfamiliar territory. I left at 7am, and the pain behind my right knee kicked in very early. I ran for 30 min and then turned around and ran home. I returned to the starting point at exactly the hour mark, and my leg was quite sore, so I called it a day. I wasn't able to completely straighten my right leg, which had hampered my stride during the run, perhaps I should have stretched for longer beforehand. I feel like I haven't stopped stretching since I got back.

When I got back, I went to the Sea for a cool down, I waded in, until the water was halfway up my tummy, and then I started walking against the current parallel to the shore, I did about 15 min of this, and then a good bit of stretching when I got out. It certainly helped to ease the ache. I hope to get another rub on the legs on Monday or Tuesday, and that should leave me right for training Tuesday evening.

I was speaking to Ray this morning after the run, he was heading to Ballycumber for a 10k. He sounded a bit apprehensive, as it's his first run since he injured himself on holidays. I'm sure it'll go grand for him, and we should both be in shape for Tuesday. Until then Slán.

No comments:

Post a Comment