Wednesday 26 June 2013

A Night in Athlone

This evening Ray and myself took up Mike Murphy's offer to listen to some lads give a talk about running styles and the mechanics of running In Athlone IT.  It was on at 8pm, so Ray and Myself decided to go for our run in Athlone this evening before the talk. Ray will be giving an analysis of what he learned on his blog www.runbubbyrun.blogspot.ie

They have good facilities in Athlone and we were running on the outdoor track. There was three groups, An Athletic club, which is trained by Mike, and then an initiative called "Fit For Life", Which is aimed at people who haven't previously ran, but now want to make an effort to get fit. This group warmed up together before splitting in two.  Ray went with the slightly faster group, while I stayed with the absolute beginners.  Our group's aim was to run for 2 minutes and then walk for two minutes, and continue for 30 minutes. The pace they started at was even slower than I'd normally go, So I just kicked on and ran at my own pace for 30 minutes I stopped twice, once for some water, and once for Ray, who was pushing himself that bit harder, we ran the last three laps together, and I was delighted with my session. My legs were stiff to begin with, but hopefully I'll be in top shape for tomorrow nights run. Until then, Slán.

No comments:

Post a Comment